Friday 19 December 2008

Festive Frivolities cont.

Alternative track: Grand Archives, Sleepdriving
OK, so not technically a Holiday/Christmas track, but I got this track off a holiday compliation CD free with SF based artsy magazine, ReadyMade, which is the kind of magazine that I wish I was cool and arty enough to read, but I'm not. The CD was excellent and this track is particular is very good. It perfectly captures that hazy feeling you get when you've been driving/travelling too long, but when you know that the place you're going to is worth it.

Traditional track: Chris Rea, Driving Home for Christmas
This is the traditional version of the track above. The key to this track is the line: 'I take a look at the driver next to me/he's just the same' - it's not the actual experience of driving but the feeling of unity, of a common experience that drives (pun unintended) this song.

No comments: