Thursday 4 March 2010

My golden heart beats for you


You know when you literally, physically cannot get enough of a song? You'll play it on repeat and hear it echoing around and around your brain when you're not actually listening to it. It coming on the radio produces a sigh of joy or a whoop of excitement, followed by an immediate crank to the volume.

My addiction at the moment is Paper Romance by Groove Armada. It comes from their latest album Black Light, which was released earlier this week. The album's meant to reflect a darker turn for the normally relentlessly upbeat dance band, and if Paper Romance is anything to go by, it should be awesome. Paper Romance combines dark synth stabs, an emoting chorus and a vaguely annoying bell sound like sounds just like my text alert. Its dirty and sexy and angry and joyful all at once.

Having said that, the rate I'm listening to it at the moment means I'll probably be sick of it soon!

The video's pretty sweet too:

No comments: