Thursday 14 January 2010

Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world


Ok, so it is more than likely that this post will destroy any credibility that this blog had as a source for decent music, but I think I'm willing to take the risk. Monday saw the UK premiere of new TV show Glee, and I have to say, I am hooked. There was an excellent article in the Guardian last Saturday which explains why it's ok to watch a programme about a high school show choir, but, while it is well-written quality television, I like it because it allows me to reminisce about my school days as a musical geek, where I could genuinely believe that On my Own from Les Mis was the pinacle of creative genius. Ah, simpler days... In that spirit, here is an excerpt from the first episode of Glee, featuring a cover of the Journey classic, Don't Stop Believin'. This song has been reclaimed from the cheese annuals in an ironic way, but the nice thing about this clip is that they play it straight - it is 100% without irony, which is kind of the whole point of the show.

No comments: